Day 4 - Family Day

Monday, June 14, 2010

So, Day 4 was Sunday, which means family time. So, I didn't blog. Here's the update:

Day 4 was the first day on the cleanse when I didn't have to drink the fiber drink in the morning. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste bad. But, I'm a texture person, so I have a little difficulties and just make myself chug it before I really think about the texture. It was also the first day for the probiotic restore package. These are two tiny pills that you take in the morning on a empty stomach. No big deal, mixed my spark, took my probiotic restore and my catalyst.

Got the family ready and out the door, and off to church. I opted to still participate in the normal Sunday morning routine. We always swing through Mcdonald's for breakfast, a treat on Sundays only. I normally get an Egg McMuffin, and this time opted for no cheese and no canadian bacon. I figured the english muffin wasn't horrible and the egg was fine. I never eat the hasbrown with the meal, and I got a water. It was an okay meal.

Once we get to church, everything goes crazy getting ready for the service, so I knew I wouldn't have time for my mid-morning snack (which is why I figured a little heavier 'breakfast' would carry me over). After church, we went to Ruby Tuesday's. I love their salad bar! I made a huge salad with baby spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, grapes, edamame (soy beans), garbonzo beans and egg on top. I drizzled a little balsamic vinegar on it, and went to town :) Have I mentioned I love their salad bar?

Then we went home and relaxed while Brody took his nap. Of course, David's been sick, so he napped too. I folded some laundry while I watched a little television. Then for my mid-afternoon snack, I had a packet of oatmeal with a banana mixed in (YUMMY). Then for dinner we ate pan seared salmon, wild rice pilaf and steamed brocolli. Before bed, I took my herbal cleanse pill pack, and sleepy time for me.

My energy levels are still doing great! I feel so much more focused on the challenge, and it feels like my body is getting exactly what it needs.

0 comments: